Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday Snapshot -- Sunrise

Join West Metro Mommy for this weekly meme of photos people have taken and share on their blogs. Here's mine:
Visiting my parents in Florida, one of my favorite things is going on morning runs and seeing the sunrise.
Of course, this time of year, the best thing about my morning runs is the weather compared to the weather at home.
Today the thermometer is supposed to climb to 79.
So here are a few sunrise shots from my first run in Florida

This is the scene that greeted me. It always looks a little prehistoric to me with the trees and the mist. The moon was just a sliver. 

This picturesque scene with the palm trees and the moon reminded me of my painter friend Leah. So I stopped my run again and took a photo. 
Hope everyone has a lovely holiday, whichever one you celebrate. 

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks for sharing! Sunrises are so gorgeous, and you have captured such interesting images.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Sandra Nachlinger said...

You did a great job of capturing the beautiful sunrise. I especially like your second photo with the silhouettes of the palm trees. When we first moved to Florida, it didn't feel like Christmas because the weather was warm. But we adjusted and went skiing in Colorado for the holidays. So we always had a white Christmas. Now that we're in the Pacific Northwest, our Christmases are rainy.
My Saturday Snapshots of a rainy Seattle Christmas are HERE.

Ginx Craft said...

What an amazing view. So lovely to be somewhere warm at this time of year.

westmetromommy said...

Oh, I could definitely use some 79 degrees about now!

What a beautiful view you had for your run!

grammajudyb said...

Great sunrise photos. My camera phone does not do justice to the sunrises I have tried to capture. Enjoy your time with you parents.

Brona said...

Sunsets and sunrises are always lovely _ I hope to see a few beach ones during my summer hols soon.

Meery Christmas

Louise said...

I like your pictures, but can't imagine a predawn run to get them.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...