Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Snapshot -- White Water Rafting

One more picture of my sons and husband on their white water rafting trip.
This is a picture that they paid for as they were rafting down the river.
Spencer looks like a brute with his paddle in the air, while Tucker and Earl look like they're doing all the work.
Terrific picture of all of them, including the guide on the back.
Apparently, at one point, Tucker was flipped off the back of the raft and caught in a hydraulic. The guide reached in his paddle and helped pull him out. Since Tucker has been a swimmer year-round for 10 years and made it to the State swim meet this year, I figure he could have swum his way out, but what do I know about white-water rafting.

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What fun! Something I wouldn't want to do, but love watching. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

GREAT action photo! It definitely captures the fun and excitement. I've been on two rafting trips and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Your photos brought back those happy memories.
After a slow start this morning, my "Pianos on Parade" post is live.

Ginx Craft said...

Impressive picture. They look like they are having a great time.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a great shot. I went WWR once in The Forks, Maine. It was a huge rush.

Louise said...

That's a great photo! I've never done anything like that. It looks amazing, but I don't know that I'd have the guts to do it though.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...