Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First Paragraph, Tuesday Teasers -- Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer

Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I should probably save this French book for Paris in July, but I started it this week so I'll go ahead and share the opening and a teaser here. It's Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer by Vicki Lesage. I previously read and reviewed her book  Confessions of a Paris Party Girl, which was a lot of fun in a Bridget Jones memoir-style. I loved the explanation of all the hoops she had to jump through to marry her Frenchman. Now Lesage has moved on to child birthing and child rearing in the City of Light.  Here's the intro.

"Oh la la," she said, surprised. "I can fit two fingers in there."
Now, if you're like me, I immediately guessed what she was talking about. Here's a hint though, the first chapter is titled "Confessions at the Check-Up."

I'm joining Teaser Tuesday this week too.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Open to a random page of your current read  and share a teaser sentence from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.
Here's a teaser from 42% on my Kindle as she prepares the baby for daycare:
 "In the beginning, the babies will drink bottles at mealtimes. As you introduce new foods at home, let us know and we will do the same here. Each Monday, Chef posts the menu for the week. You can check the meal plan to ensure you don't serve the same dish for dinner."
That explains so much about the French, doesn't it? Every preschool and daycare has its own chef. Can you imagine? Pretty different from the lunch ladies with the hairnet at American schools.
I look forward to seeing all of your intros and teasers this week.

15 comments:

Kim@Time2Read said...

Wow! A chef at each school! Nice!
Today I'm featuring The From-Aways by CJ Hauser
http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-from-aways.html

JoAnn said...

The title made me laugh out loud... sounds like a fun read.

Anonymous said...

Keep reading! This looks like great fun.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds interesting! I hope you are enjoying it. My teasers this week are from The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer and Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

Tracy said...

I keep being reminded of why I don't want children... Haha! Great teaser! Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing...and yes, I knew what those two fingers were about! LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Love Africa Book Club said...

I enjoyed both the intro and teaser. Looks like a fun book. Here's mine:
http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/06/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-harlot.html

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I don't think this one is for me. Thanks for sharing.

My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-65-and.html

Literary Feline said...

It's always fun to read books about first time parents. :-)

Sandra Nachlinger said...

LOVE the Paris setting, and your Teaser made me want to read more. Sounds like a fun book.
My Teaser is from MAJOR PETTIGREW'S LAST STAND.

Vicki Lesage said...

How cool to see teasers from my book! It's really funny to see excerpts out of context. Hope you enjoy the rest of it, and thanks for sharing!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Sounds fun; thanks for sharing and enjoy

Melissa O. said...

Wow, that sounds like an interesting read! A chef at day care is pretty impressive...

Here is my TT post.

Udita Banerjee said...

Sounds hilarious!
http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/teaser-tuesday-june-17/

Tea said...

A chef for preschoolers? Can't believe it. Must mean they care a great deal about how their kids are treated. Diet must be really important to the French.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...